8-F Goal Setting Framework
So, people, each year ask me how I establish and crush my goals. Here's how I do it.
I choose to establish a goal setting framework that is focused on character, behaviors, thoughts and measurable action that strengthens me as a man. Not one that focuses on a single aspect of success, (i.e., work) but wholistic success that will round me out as a man of God. I read my goals weekly, monitor them monthly, give effort continuously, and focus on long-term annual gains, not immediate results. Choose to steal mine framework, modify mine, or make your own - but as I say "don't do nothing."
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
Download a worksheet you can use to build your own annual goals using my 8-F Framework.
- Reading - Reading from the Bible each day.
- Prayer - Pray regularly for my wife, children, and Elliott to be bold and courageous.
- Reflection - Monitor emotions, mindsets, and corrupt beliefs about self.
- Spouse - Be caring in communication & active in romance.
- Children - Be regularly patient & teaching at each opportunity, and send the Dad’s Daily Devo to the family.
- Meaningful Time - Schedule trips to Maui, HI and Vail, CO with buds.
- Communication - Nourish friendship through texting, communication, and social media.
- Running - One time each week 3-7 miles.
- Crossfit - Four times each week be in the box and give a full effort
- Care - Listen carefully to my body when aching or hurting, and stretch regularly.
- Calories - Moderate my caloric intake as appropriate for size, age, and needed energy.
- Balance - Eat balanced macros focusing on increased protein, remove wheat and gluten from diet.
- Adventure - Do one adventurous thing monthly.
- Income - Increase speaking engagement and book sales attaining goals each month.
- Expense - Watch spending and moderate, pray every time I pull the card out.
- Handoff - Focus the next 10 years on multiplication, scalability, and sustainability of work.
- Age Groups - Turn my focus on younger generations and empowering them.
- Network - Build growing relationships with challenging mentors, request the first meeting when I find one.
- Writing - Write two more books this year.
Vince Miller is a speaker, author, and mentor to men. He is an authentic and transparent leader who loves to communicate to audiences on the topics of mentorship, fathering, leadership and manhood. He has authored 13 books and small group curriculum for men and is the primary content creator of all Resolute materials. Contact Vince Miller here. His newest book is Thirty Virtues That Build A Man.