Want To Crush Your Goals As A Man Of God In 2020?
So, people, each year, ask me how I establish and crush my goals. Here's how I do it.
I choose to establish a goal-setting framework that is focused on the needed thinking, character, and behaviors, that will round me out as a man of God—not one that focuses on a single aspect of success, (i.e., career). I try to focus on a plan that will round me out as a man of God and can be broken down into measurable steps. I read my goals weekly, monitor them monthly, give effort continuously, and focus on long-term annual gains. Choose to use my framework, modify it, or make your own—but as I say, "don't do nothing."
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
Download a worksheet you can use to build your own annual goals using my 8-F Framework.
- Reading - Reading from the Bible each day.
- Prayer - Pray regularly for my wife, children, and Elliott to be bold and courageous.
- Reflection - Monitor emotions, mindsets, and corrupt beliefs about self.
- Spouse - Be caring in communication & active in romance.
- Children - Be regularly patient & teaching at each opportunity, and send the Dad’s Daily Devo to the family.
- Meaningful Time - Schedule trips to Maui, HI and Vail, CO with buds.
- Communication - Nourish friendship through texting, communication, and social media.
- Running - One time each week 3-7 miles.
- Crossfit - Four times each week be in the box and give a full effort
- Care - Listen carefully to my body when aching or hurting, and stretch regularly.
- Calories - Moderate my caloric intake as appropriate for size, age, and needed energy.
- Balance - Eat balanced macros focusing on increased protein, remove wheat and gluten from diet.
- Adventure - Do one adventurous thing monthly.
- Income - Increase speaking engagement and book sales attaining goals each month.
- Expense - Watch spending and moderate, pray every time I pull the card out.
- Handoff - Focus the next 10 years on multiplication, scalability, and sustainability of work.
- Age Groups - Turn my focus on younger generations and empowering them.
- Network - Build growing relationships with challenging mentors, request the first meeting when I find one.
- Writing - Write two more books this year.
Vince Miller is an author and speaker to men around the world on topics that include manhood, masculinity, fatherhood, mentorship, and leadership. He has authored 16 different books for men and is hosted on major video platforms like RightNow Media and Faithlife TV. He hosts a weekly podcast, writes weekly articles, and provides daily thoughts from God's Word all just for men. He is a 27-year ministry veteran and the founder of Resolute a Men's Ministry Platform that provides bible studies aimed at building better men found at www.beresolute.org