Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit.—Matthew 1:18
It's unthinkable. A natural name (Jesus) coupled with a spiritual and long anticipate identity (Christ).
It's unthinkable. A sexless engagement (Mary & Joseph) coupled with anticipated birth (child from the Holy Spirit).
As unthinkable as this is, what if God stacked more unthinkable evidence on top of it. What if God gave mankind additional proof that Jesus is a child of supernatural birth?
- How about water turned to wine?
- Or sight given to the blind?
- How about a bleeding woman healed?
- Lepers cleansed?
- A lame man walking?
- A man brought back to life after being dead three days?
- Still not enough—how about a man crucified and brought back to life?
DO THIS: Praise God for doing the unthinkable.
PRAY THIS: God, thanks for giving the world a son. Your son.
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY DEVO
Short. Sweet. To the Point.