Facing the Facts: Uncovering the Realities about Men, Faith, Fatherhood, and Leadership.
Men, the hour is upon us. It's time to awaken from our slumber and face the brutal reality.
The numbers below are not mere statistics; they're a vivid reflection of who we are. They unveil our triumphs and tragedies, strengths and weaknesses, victories and defeats. But don't be fooled; this isn't a call to despair but a rally to action.
A Father's Influence in Faith:
- Mother's faith brings family to church 17% of the time. A father's faith? 93%. Rise, fathers!
Men & Friendship:
- 95% of men lack male friends. Let's shatter loneliness!
Men in America:
- 69 million men without faith in Christ. 90 million not discipled. Are you among the 6 million who are? Stand firm!
Church Attendance & The Gender Gap:
- Men, we're outnumbered in church. Let's change that!
Men's Ministry & Pornography:
- Less than 10% of churches have strong men’s ministry.
- 70% of men sought out pornography. Let's confront our demons!
Incarceration & Divorce & Family:
- 93% of prisoners are men, often fatherless.
- Same divorce rate for Christians as non-Christians. Let's strengthen our homes!
- 95% of men make life-changing decisions at a conference. Will you?
Negative Stats for Men in the Church:
- 9 out of 10 risk having kids leave the church.
- 4 out of 10 face divorce. Stand strong!
- Only 32% see premarital sex as wrong compared to 68% in 1969. Let's rebuild our values!
These facts aren't just numbers; they're a battle cry, a plea for transformation. We are called to more than just being aware of these issues; we're called to rise above them, leading as Christ led. The battle is real, but with Jesus, we are more than conquerors.
Fathers, mentors, friends - let's be what our families, churches, and communities cry out for. We follow a Savior who doesn't waver; let's march forward in His strength. The road may be tough, but we've been equipped through Christ. Let's move together. Are you ready to rise?
Some Other Articles on Men In The Church:
Making Your Church, Manlier Won’t Make It Bigger, by Christianity Today.
Sex Ratios in the Pews: Is There Really a Deficit of Men in American Churches? by Institute for Family Studies
The Significance Of A Father's Influence, by Focus on the Family.
On Men In Church, by Harvard Divinity School.
On Getting & Keeping Masculine Men in Church, written by a woman at Patheos.
The Gender Gap in Religion Around the World, by Pew Research.
The End Of Men, by The Atlantic Monthly.
The Search for Manly Men of God, by Desiring God.
The State of Moms and Dads in America, by National Fatherhood Initiative.
The Feminization of the Church, by Biola University.
SIGN UP — THE DAILY DEVO
short + biblical + practical
Read through the Bible daily with Vince Miller.