And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. -Romans 8:26
If you zoom in beyond the cool dark cave above, you’ll see someone immersed in a warm tunnel of light.
It’s the perfect mix of silence, cool cave air, and rays of sunshine rushing over the body. Instantly refreshing. A Holy Breath. The Holy Spirit.
The word ‘Spirit’ is an English translation deriving its meaning from the Hebrew and Greek languages. The Hebrew word ‘Ruach’ and the Greek word ‘Pneuma’ can be translated: “wind, breath, or spirit”.
So when I think of the Holy Spirit, I think of Holy Wind and Holy Breath.
Do you feel stalled out today? Stuck? Consider finding your happy place and regularly inviting the Holy Spirit to breathe wind back into your sails. Reset. Recharge.
Some of my happy places are:
- Kayaking with my wife on a late afternoon
- Ice fishing with my father and two uncles
- Reading on a quiet island near our home
- Drifting in the lake on a floatie
- Reflecting in a rumbling hot tub after a long run
- Enjoying a beer with brothers who challenge me to grow
- Journaling in a coffee shop loft that buzzes with white noise
DO THIS TODAY: Write down where and when you will go to your happy place.