Put It Away
So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.—1 Peter 2:1
The apostle Paul tells us numerous times to "put on" and "put off" certain behaviors and attitudes. But Peter tells us to "put them away." In fact, he commands us to put away five things:
- Malice—to cause pain or injury to another person.
- Deceit—to intentionally trick another person.
- Hypocrisy—to conceal wickedness behind a virtue.
- Envy—to covet something that another person possesses.
- Slander—to speak evil of another person.
ASK THIS: Which one do you need to put away?
DO THIS: Put it away intentionally today.
PRAY THIS: God, help me to put this away. Receive it as a sacrifice from me to you. Cleanse me of my need to act out unkindly toward others.
PLAY THIS: Third Day: Your Love Oh Lord.
Let Vince pray for your salvation or a personal need.
Let Vince Miller mentor you.
Join Vince Miller in getting men together with free resources.
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY DEVO
Short. Sweet. To the Point.