paretoThe Pareto Principle, named after an Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, originated the 80:20 concept out of an application he applied to the distribution of wealth (20% of the people owned 80% of the wealth). But over time the 80:20 rule has been expressed in a number of different ways. Here are a few examples:

  • 80% of the results are achieved by 20% of the team.
  • 20% of the actions account for 80% of the outcome.
  • 80% of process are trivial and 20% are vital.
  • 20% of the things we do are usually worth as much as the other 80% put together.

This rule has been scrutinized over time, yet has lasted over 100 years because of its simplicity. The real genius behind the concept is in the versatility of the application. For example, when applied to our work environment we are forced to think differently about the 80% and the 20% of…

  • Our customers
  • Our products
  • Our stocks
  • Our sales
  • Our teams
  • Our efforts
  • Our employees

Now before you starting pruning people, processes, and teams and that 80% of theoretical waste, what if you could squeeze 100% out of the 20% & the 80%? Is that even possible? And is there anything that ever actually produces 100%?

Well there is one thing that is always guaranteed to produce results 100% of the time — God’s Word. Consider these verses.

For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty but it shall accomplish that which I purposeand shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

ISAIAH 55:10-11

Even though our efforts occasionally produce extraordinary outcomes while other times produce disappointing results; God’s word always produces results. Every single time. Therefore when our efforts align with His Word (the truth) we are guaranteed something that would disappoint even Vilfredo Pareto. The 100:100 principle.

>
Copy link