But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.—James 3:17
This is a remarkable insight. It's full of wisdom for the man of God. James is aware that true wisdom only comes from above. The wise man does six things:
- He handles each situation in a manner that is peaceful and gentle.
- He is open to conversation yet knows godly reason only comes from above.
- He is merciful when harm could be inflicted with his authority and power.
- He is fruitful in righteousness and good deeds.
- His judgments are never impartial.
- He does it all from a pure and sincere heart.
There's your checklist for today. Work on one aspect and grow in wisdom's process.
ASK THIS: What characteristic of wisdom do you need to work on?
DO THIS: Work it, and be wiser today than yesterday.
PRAY THIS: God, give me supernatural wisdom from above. Make me as wise as Solomon.
PLAY THIS: Matt Redman: No One Like Our God.
Let Vince pray for your salvation or a personal need.
Let Vince Miller mentor you.
Join Vince Miller in getting men together with free resources.
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY DEVO
Short. Sweet. To the Point.